TIP: Cook once. Eat twice. Make weeknight cooking a breeze with planned extras.
Try these easy options:
- Grilling chicken or fish? Grill a couple of extra pieces for sandwiches.
- Roasting veggies? Roast extras to toss with pasta or barley or to top a pizza.
- Serving chili? Cook a bigger pot and then make enchiladas.
- Having salad with supper? Make extra and put it in the fridge, without dressing, for tomorrow’s lunch.
TIP: Make a no-fuss meal with just six simple ingredients!
Get inspired with these ideas:
- Cheesy Frittata – eggs, spinach, diced potato, red onion, milk and older cheddar cheese baked together into a fabulous frittata
- Lemony Pasta – whole grain pasta tossed with grilled zucchini, cherry tomatoes, roasted garlic, chickpeas and freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Loaded Sweet Potato – baked sweet potato topped with black beans, green onion, tomato, cilantro and a spoonful of plain yogurt
TIP: Cooking dinner is a snap with satisfying one-pot meals.
Whether it’s a quick supper or a slow-cooked dish, one-pot meals are the ideal no-fuss solution.
- Go quick: Cook simple skillet fajitas with sautéed onions, garlic, chicken and bell peppers. Serve the mixture in warm tortillas with avocado, cheese and salsa.
Go slow: Make satisfying slow-cooker stews with beef, pork or dried legumes, root veggies, herbs and spices, simmered in flavourful broth.